Police Feel Two Teens Died of Overdose - Daily Hudson Valley News

Police Feel Two Teens Died of Overdose

Feb 1st, 2013 | By | Category: Featured Articles

Two teens found unresponsive, Saturday afternoon January 26 at their father’s home, in Montgomery, are belived to have died from a methadone overdose.

Town of Montgomery police and Town of Montgomery Volunteer Ambulance Corps, were first on the scene at the home on Route 52 where the boys were found unconscious. The boys,step-brothers, ages 13 and 15, were taken to the Newburgh campus of St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital, and one later transferred to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla. One boy died on Monday and the other died Tuesday.

Hudson Valley Insider is not releasing the names of the victims, to give the family its privacy.

Chief Arnold Amthor said “preliminary indications are that the boys most likely died of an overdose of methadone, but we are looking into other possibilities.” He added police also are still looking into the source of the drug and the possible involvement of other substances.

The 15 year old lived at the Route 52 address and attended a satellite program run by BOCES. The 13 year old lived in Ellenville,  was an eighth-grader at Ellenville Middle School and also attended Ulster BOCES classes.

Both Ellenville Superintendant, Lisa Wiles and Valley Central Superintendant, Richard Hooley said councelors were made available to those that may need to talk about the tragedy.

Share





Tags: , , , , ,

Comments are closed.