Health and Safety Tips for Hot Summer DaysJun 29th, 2012 | By HV Insider | Category: Featured Articles
HEALTH AND SAFETY TIPS FOR HOT SUMMER DAYS
Orange County Executive Edward A. Diana and Commissioner of Health Dr. Jean M. Hudson reminded residents of simple health and safety tips to use over the hot holiday weekend with temperatures expected to remain in the 90’s.
“I hope residents take it easy during the hot weather and exercise caution to keep themselves and their families’ safe,” said County Executive Diana.
Dr. Hudson recommended the following:
* stay cool and safe in an air conditioned environment
* drink water
* avoid drinks with alcohol, caffeine or excessive sugar
* check on family members and neighbors
* stay out of the sun
* if outside, wear a hat, sunglasses and use at least SPF 15 sunscreen
* avoid strenuous activities
* never leave children, elderly or pets in cars
* keep your home cooler utilizing window shades or curtains to keep out the sun
“These simple actions can prevent heat related incidents, and keep you and your loved ones safe on hot summer days,” said Dr. Hudson.
For more information, please contact the Orange County Department of Health at (845) 291-2332 or visit them at www.orangecountygov.com/health.