Head of Newburgh Bloods Convicted on Murder - Daily Hudson Valley News

Head of Newburgh Bloods Convicted on Murder

Jun 18th, 2013 | By | Category: Current Events

The man that the FBI said was the head of the Blood’s Gang in the City of Newburgh has been found guilty of murder, narcotics and racketeering charges.

31 year old Anthony ‘Double O’ Boykin was found guilty by a jury in federal court after three days of deliberations. Federal prosecutors said he killed Lamont ‘City’ Young in 2009 and was responsible for several other acts of violence.

Boykin’s co-defendant, 23 year old Justin ‘Justo’ Simmons, was found guilty of racketeering, narcotics conspiracy and gun charges.

This is the second trial for the two men after the first trial was surrounded by controversy, ending in a mistrial when jurors couldn’t reach a decision.


Tags: , , , ,

Leave a comment »

  1. Mr. Long:

    My name is Marlon G. Kirton and I represented Justin Simmons in his trial and retrial in federal court in Manhattan. Just a few clarifications; Mr. Simmons was found guilty of racketeering conspiracy, narcotics conspiracy and 2 weapons charges. He was found not guilty of racketeering, conspiracy to murder, murder in aid of racketeering, assault in aid of racketeering and a weapons charge.

    Finally, there was no controversy in the first trial. The trial lasted from February 4, 2013 to March 15, 2013. The Court declared a mistrial after the jury deliberated for 8 days. The jury worked very hard but could not reach a verdict on any of the counts against my client. The current jury worked very hard for 3 days and reached a verdict on all counts. The Simmons team disagrees with the verdict but respects the jury’s decision.

    Marlon G. Kirton, Esq,

  2. Ms. Kirton, I thank you for your comment in regard to this article and appreciate your statements, however, the article clearly states what he was convicted of; “Justin ‘Justo’ Simmons, was found guilty of racketeering, narcotics conspiracy and gun charges.”

    Secondly, the controversy mentioned is simply for the fact the first trial jury, although they deliberated for eight days, some became less than cooperative during that time. Individual jurors threatened to leave and never return. I am sure they did their best, under the stressful circumstances. At times, they themselves could not understand certain terms of the charges brought against Mr. Boykin and Mr. Simmons. Those factors, along with their claims that they’d never reach a unanimous decision, cumulatively resulted in a mistrial.

    Jay Long
    Hudson Valley Insider