Girl Scouts, YWCA Announce 2013 Orange County Women of AchievementMar 4th, 2013 | By HVI Editor | Category: Featured Articles
Eight Outstanding Women Recognized for Contributions to Community
The mother-daughter duo of Dr. Michele Winchester Vega and Natasha Vega, co-chairs of the 2013 Tribute to Women of Achievement of Orange County event, announced this year’s Tribute honorees on behalf of the award’s host organizations, Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson and YWCA Orange County.
“As Tribute to Women alumnae ourselves, it’s our honor to co-chair this 21st annual event in support of the Girl Scouts and YWCA, and a privilege to recognize this year’s outstanding slate of deeply deserving award winners,” said Dr. Winchester Vega, 2011 recipient of the Bobbie A. Lahey Memorial Award for Volunteer services. “Each has demonstrated her contributions to the Orange County community in her own unique way.”
The 2013 Orange County Women of Achievement are:
- Arts – Dawn Ansbro – Goshen – Orange County Arts Council
- Business – Susan Crocker – Montgomery – Holbert’s Catering/Backyard Bistro
- Education – Beverly Braxton – Warwick – Warwick Valley School District, retired
- Health Care – Dr. Jean M. Hudson – Campbell Hall – OC Department of Health
- Human Services – Dawn Wilkin – Fishkill – Catholic Charities of Orange County
- Public Service – Nancy Proyect – Cornwall – OC Citizens Foundation
- Woman of the Future – Erin Collins – Goshen – Goshen High School
- Bobbie A. Lahey Memorial Award
for Volunteer Services – Anita Manley – Newburgh
“Congratulations to the 2013 honorees,” said Natasha, 2012 Woman of the Future award recipient. “Each year the selection committee takes on the daunting task of reviewing and evaluating each of the nominations received from a field that grows annually. They have once again proven themselves up to the challenge and selected an outstanding panel that truly exemplifies the missions and ideals of the Girl Scouts and YWCA. They will serve as role models to women of all ages,” continued Natasha.
More than 200 women from throughout Orange County have been recognized since the award’s inception in 1992. This year’s Tribute honorees will be recognized at the 21st Annual Tribute to Women of Achievement of Orange County award dinner on Wednesday, May 8 at Anthony’s Pier 9 in New Windsor. The event is co-hosted each year by Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson and YWCA Orange County.