2012 Chamber Foundation Athena Wards BrunchNov 29th, 2012 | By HV Insider | Category: Business News
THE CHAMBER FOUNDATION, INC. TO HOST ATHENA AWARDS BRUNCH, SET TO PRESENT 2012 ATHENA AWARD ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2
The Chamber Foundation, Inc., will present the 2012 ATHENA Award on Sunday, December 2 during a special brunch at The Grandview (176 Rinaldi Blvd., Poughkeepsie) from 12-3 p.m. The recipient of the award will travel to the ATHENA International conference in Chicago to represent the Hudson Valley region.
Bestowed annually, the ATHENA Award is given to a member of the community who best embodies the ATHENA Leadership Model. The Model is unique in that it focuses on personal traits of strong, successful leaders. It captures the spirit and collaborative leadership style often exemplified in women leaders, while also recognizing the importance of traits such as courageous acts and fierce advocacy in the pursuit of excellence.
The 2012 ATHENA nominees, all chosen because of their strengths in career excellence and leadership, community volunteer involvement and willingness to serve as a mentor, especially to women in the business community, include:
* Joan Crawford – Deputy Executive Director, Family Services, Inc.
* Geeta Desai – Management Consultant, Global Business Advantage, Corp.
* Cecilia Dinio Durkin – Founder/Owner/President, Women’s Work
* Jacqueline Goffe-McNish – Professor, Dutchess Community College
* Maureen Kangas – General Manager, Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel and Conference Center
* Dr. Kathleen Mantaro – Medical Director, Vassar Brothers Medical Center
* Sharon Matyas – Special Events & Community Relations Manager, The Culinary Institute of America
* Sister Rose Marie Mullen, osf – Historian, Saint Francis Hospital & Health Centers
* Dr. Michele Winchester-Vega – Owner, Dr. Michele Winchester-Vega and Associates
The 2012 ATHENA Award Brunch is presented by Health Quest and sponsored by: KeyBank, DCH Wappingers Falls Toyota, de Ramon Crush, PC, Ulster Savings Bank, DRA Imaging, COBESO, Inc., Saint Francis Hospital and Health Centers, Design Intervention Studio, Beacon Dental, Hudson Valley Fresh, Women’s Work, Mid-Hudson Subaru, Bonura Hospitality, The Culinary Institute of America, and 92.1 Lite-FM
Tickets for the ATHENA Award Brunch are still available at a cost of $75 per person. For more information or to make your reservation, call 845-454-1700 ext. 1000.
The Chamber Foundation, Inc. was established in 2002 to promote education and training programs for area youth and professionals with the goal of enhancing the future of economic growth in the Hudson Valley region. The Foundation’s mission is to provide educational opportunities for youth and the workforce, to build and strengthen personal and business capacity, develop leadership skills and foster a commitment to community service. For more information, visit ChamberFDN.org